Friday, June 27, 2008

Office Space

So I've officially been here for a month now, and still I have no office. It's really starting to get old. I've been trying to work by jumping onto other people's computers while they are at court or out sick and I'm just about at my wit's end. You'd think that a professional office, like the Attorney General's Office would have an office for the professionals that it hires. Or at least a freakin' work space! Lisa and I have suggested turning this file room into an office and just moving the file cabinets that are in there out into the hallway and line them up along the wall outside the library (because there are about 40 other file cabinets lining the hallways throughout the office in other spots), but the office manager's response was, "no, that would make it look too junky." Like not providing one of your Assistant Attorney Generals with even so much as a couple of square feet to work is any better?!? For the next two weeks I'm camped out in Nikki's office, who is off on vacation. So at least I have a little bit of time that I don't have to worry about where I can work. Every time I start to get worked up about it, I have to remind myself that this is American Samoa...nothing gets done with efficiency here, so why would I expect my office to be any different? Oh, the price we pay for living in paradise.

Did I also mention that even though I've been here for a month, I have no office supplies at all? I was online trying to buy my own from Staples.com, only I got to the checkout and discovered they don't ship here. Good times.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Walmart ships here. Yes the devil does ship! But what are ya going to do. What was that about economics, supply and demand, etc?