Tuesday, July 29, 2008

If 1 puppy is good, why not 2?

About a week after Suka's mom abandoned her at the Harty's house, she showed up with another puppy...Suka's sister. Clif, Julia & I came home from work and met the latest puppy to be rescued into the Harty household. She had the same coloring as Suka, only she had some white on her paws, arm, nose and the tip of her tail. She was much more reserved and tense than Suka was when we first got her. And she also had quite a few cuts and sores on her, maybe the extra bumps and bruises she got out there contributed to her shyness. It seemed as if she had been through a bit more than Suka had by the time we got her.



Now I know what you're thinking..."2 puppies? Are you crazy?" Maybe I am, but when I held her in my arms, I knew that I had to take her home with me. I've had dogs before, and although it may seem counterintuitive, 2 dogs, in alot of ways, are easier than 1. They have each other to keep themselves entertained! Plus, they were sisters. How could I turn away Suka's sister? So, Meli (pronounced may-lee, and it means "honey" in Samoan) came to live with us. Over the past few weeks Meli has become more comfortable and outgoing and both she and Suka love to play with the Harty's dog Ila (pronounced eee-la, which means "spot" in Samoan).





Here are some more shots of the puppies:


Meli sleeping:

1 comment:

SaraAugy said...

KELLY!!!!! Looks like you're enjoying AS! It looks beautiful there. By any chance do you need a victim advocate? HAHA! The puppies are adorable!!!