Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cookie Day

Back home, every year around Christmas the women in my family get together for what has been termed Cookie Day. We start early in the morning and for one solid sugar filled day we bake hundreds and hundreds of cookies. We've been doing this for nearly a decade now, and since this is my first Christmas away from home, I was going to miss it. That is, until the women here on Tutuila decided to get together for our own version of this holiday tradition. Sara was kind enough to volunteer her air-conditioned house, all decked out in Christmas lights and along with some yummy drinks, holiday music, good friends, and lots of dough, for one night it actually felt like the holidays. Sara sent us all home with a fun holiday themed oven mit as well as a tray or two of yummy cookies, grandma's balls, and chocolate salami.

Above you'll find me making some hand-cut candy canes as well as some anatomically correct cookies. I am sooooo becoming my mother. Below, Amity and Barbara man the frosting station.

Here is Kim with her lovely blue frosting:

And Naomi searching for just the right cookie decorative toppings. Notice the palm trees outside the window--Christmas in the tropics.

Thanks to Julia, Sara & Liz (I think) as most of these shots were stolen from their various blogs and facebook profiles. Thanks girls!

No comments: