Thursday, November 6, 2008

Eeeewwwwwwwww

The other night I was sitting in my living room when I noticed the dogs were unusually quiet. I found Suka underneath the end table in the corner eating something and when I went to see what she was doing, I saw that there were hundreds and hundreds of these little insects. Some looked like little worms wriggling around, but most looked like ants with white wings that were about twice the length of their bodies. They were swarming all around the table in the corner. I couldn't figure out where they were coming from, so I just got the Raid and started spraying. I must have emptied half the can onto the couch, table, floor and walls when I noticed that there were about 15-20 frogs gathering in my driveway. They were bellowing to each other and when I looked out the window, I noticed that an even bigger swarm of these winged insects were starting to gather around my front door light. In a matter of minutes there were thousands and thousands of them flying around the light. It was like something out of a horror movie. After about an hour, they disapated...to where, I have no idea.

Cut to a few days later, I was having dinner at Dougs when I saw a couple of those things flying around in his house. WTF are they?!? According to Doug, they are termites...it's hatching time right now. Fan-flippin-tastic. I wonder where the THOUSANDS are that I saw at my place a few nights before? At least I don't own the house.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So the wings fall off and then they squirm into your woodwork. They are all around you, in every wooden thing you see........

Kelly Dixon said...

Like I said, eeeewwwwwwwwwwww!!!