Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Adventure Begins...

It's been almost a week since I made the decision to drastically change my life. I accepted the position with the AG's office in American Samoa and resigned from the DA's office on Monday April 14th. In six weeks I will be living on an island 25 miles long in the middle of the South Pacific. No one actually though I'd do this. They thought I'd daydream about the adventure, talk about what could be, and generally stew over it, but wouldn't actually pull the trigger. Well, I did pull the trigger and shot a blast that will change my life forever.

There is sooooooo much to do before I leave. This past week, I've made all my doctor's appointments, resigned from the DA's office, started packing, and got my vaccinations (Hep A, Hep B, Polio, Teatnus and Typhoid). Today I'm breaking my lease, quitting the gym, and generally figuring out how to shut my life down here in Colorado. Mom is coming down this morning to help me sort through everything in my apartment. If it's worth the time, effort and $ to pay to store it or ship it, then that's what I'll do. If it doesn't fit into either one of those categories, it's getting sold or donated to charity. Spencer thinks he's going to go on a shopping spree through my apartment and take whatever he wants as "Monaco Donations". Although he's full of it, I will say that the process of streamlining your life and getting rid of all the excess "stuff" is quite liberating.

OMG...I can't believe I'm moving to American Samoa!!!!

No comments: